Tuesday 23 October 2007

Lincoln: MS therapy centre faces closure

A Lincolnshire centre for sufferers of multiple sclerosis could close due to a lack of funding, reports the BBC.

Managers at the Lincoln Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre, which has been running for 20 years, say they have three months to find the money.


The facility offers physical therapy and emotional support.

Chairman Paul Wilkinson said the financial problems began when a lottery grant was stopped. He is urging the public to come forward with donations.

"We're raising money every week but it's as serious as that within three months there's a strong possibility we could lock our doors," Mr Wilkinson said.

Users of the centre say it is a lifeline to them. Joanne Elam said: "It has given me a boost just speaking to people here.

"I ended up in this centre first of all in a wheelchair and the physiotherapist couldn't believe how bad I was.

"With having treatment, I've been able to get out of the wheelchair and walking on my own two feet, so it's done a lot for me."

No comments: